GA ARES® members: Please check & update your data several times a year
Here’s what you do if your telephone number and email address do not show up in your Georgia State ARES® Database listing, but you are certain they’re in the database correctly:
- Go to https://gaares.org/cgi-bin/
- Type in your callsign & password (if you know your password) or click “I forgot my password” and enter callsign & your email address. If the email address matches what is in the profile, the password will be reset and a temporary password will be emailed to you. If necessary, email your county’s EC or DEC (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
- Change your password if necessary.
- Click in the box for “Check for Advanced View” at the top of the page, then scroll down to the second box from the top of the page… the top line in the box says, “Edit Contact Information”
- Click “Edit Contact Information”
- The next page is called, “Contact Information for Your Name (callsign)“
- To change an email address or telephone, double click the info you want to change and type in the new info, then click “SAVE.”
- To delete erroneous or old info, click the checkbox to the left of the erroneous info and click “DELETE” at the bottom of the listings
- To add new information, click “NEW” at the bottom of the page, you get a new line to fill in.
- Click the drop down arrow in the first box and choose what new info you’re adding.
- Click in the second box and add the email address or phone number
- Change “Preferred method?,” “Page” and “Directory” to “yes.”
- Of the 4 buttons at the bottom, click “SAVE.”
- If your contact information doesn’t show up when you log in, here’s the possible problem:
- Be sure:
- the column for “Preferred Method?” says “Yes”
- the column for “Page” says “Yes”
- the column for “Directory” says “Yes”
- Be sure:
- When you are finished editing your contact and other info, click “SAVE” at the bottom of the rows on this page